This visa is granted to international students who are attending a school or English language program at a U.S. college or university. F-1 visa holders must full-time student status by enrolling in enough courses, and can remain up to 60 days past the completion of their school program. The host school must submit a certificate of eligibility for nonimmigrant student status.
Who Qualifies for F-1 Visas?
- Students with a foreign residence
- Students intending to return home upon completion of studies
- Students attending a U.S. school which has authority to host them
- Students who demonstrate sufficient financial support to pay for schooling and their residence in the U.S.
- Students who can demonstrate strong ties to their home country, in the form of jobs, assets, families, bank accounts, etc.
Under certain circumstances, F-1 students may receive permission to work in the U.S.
F-1 Visa Fees
Filing Fee – Regular $510
Free Consultation Available
Fill out the contact form or call us at (305) 215-7586 to schedule your free consultation.