This Visa was created for applicants who serve as essential support personnel for O-1 Visa holders.
- The beneficiary does NOT need to come from a treaty country, like applicants for E visas.
- Often, your employer will file for the O visa, naming you as their beneficiary. This functions much like an H-1B visa.
- The O-2 visa holder must be an “integral part” of the O-1A visa holder's performance and the O-2 visa holder must have critical skills and experience with the O-1 visa holder that are not of a general nature and cannot be readily performed by a U.S. worker.
What are the benefits of an O-2 Visa
- Unlike H-1B visas there is no cap on the number of O visas granted. It is available to anyone who meets its criteria.
- An O visa is typically granted for three years and can be renewed in one year increments, as long as the visa holder maintains eligibility and the extension is necessary. This can be done without limit.
O-2 Visa Fees
- Filing Fee – Regular $460
- Filing Fee – Premium $2,960
"I am indebted to VISAS-USA for their great work in getting my O Visa."Karina Vence, Dinastia Market
"The VISAS-USA team did everything possible to get my Permanent Residency through a National Interest Waiver application."Jorge Becerra, Piloto
"The advice of VISAS-USA was essential to establish the best strategy to achieve it."Facundo Bermejo, eVent Medical
What do I need to prove to show that my work is an integral part, with critical skills and not of a general nature?
Copies of any written contracts you have with the O-1 or the employer or sponsor.
A detailed explanation of the nature of the events or activities, including dates and itinerary
Written advisory opinion about your work
Proof of longstanding support of the O-1
Proof of your contributions being essential to the O-1
Who qualifies for an O-2 visa?
To be eligible for O-2 visa, you must demonstrate that you:
Are an integral part of the actual performance of the O-1 visa holder
Have critical skills and experience that are not of a general nature and cannot be performed by other individuals in the U.S.
What is O-2 visa?
This visa is for essential support personnel of O-1 visa holders to enter into the U.S. This status does not apply to personnel in the sciences, business or education.