Miami EB-4 Visa Lawyer

Helping Special Immigrants Worldwide

If you are a foreign national and you want to work in the United States, you will need a visa. One of the most common types of visas is the EB-4 visa. EB-4 visas are available to foreign nationals who are special immigrants.

This includes those who are:

  • Religious workers
  • Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJ)
  • Members of the United States armed forces
  • Specific U.S. government employees
  • Specific broadcasters, such as a reporter, translator, and more

Our EB-4 visa attorney in Miami can help you navigate the visa application process and can represent you in immigration court if necessary.

We offer free consultations. Call (305) 363-7406 or contact us online to speak with a qualified Miami, EB-4 attorney. We help clients all over the world. Se habla Español.

Qualifying for an EB-4 Visa

To be eligible for the EB-4 visa, you must satisfy the criteria established for one of the distinct categories within the employment-based fourth preference. Each category imposes unique conditions, so it is crucial to refer to the USCIS website or seek guidance from a knowledgeable EB-4 attorney to be sure of your eligibility.

Religious Worker Criteria

A special immigrant religious worker is a noncitizen coming to the US to work full-time in a religious role for a non-profit religious organization, one authorized by a group tax exemption holder, or an organization affiliated with a US religious denomination. Here's how to qualify:

Membership and Religious Organization: You must have been a member of a religious denomination with a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the US for at least two years before filing.

Religious Work Experience: You should have worked in a religious role (minister or religious occupation) for at least two years, starting from age 14, either in the US or abroad, before filing your petition with USCIS. Your prior religious work doesn't have to be the same as the work you'll do now.

Work Continuity: A break in your work, not exceeding two years, is allowed as long as you are still employed as a religious worker, and the break is for religious training or a sabbatical. You must also have maintained membership in the petitioner’s denomination during the two years of qualifying employment.

Our Miami EB-4 Visa Attorney Can Help

Navigating the visa application process can be confusing and time-consuming. Our Miami EB-4 visa lawyer can help you through the process. We can file your petition with USCIS and represent you in immigration court if necessary.

Call (305) 363-7406 or contact us online to set up a free consultation. We help clients all over the world.

  • "I am indebted to VISAS-USA for their great work in getting my O Visa."
    Karina Vence, Dinastia Market
  • "The VISAS-USA team did everything possible to get my Permanent Residency through a National Interest Waiver application."
    Jorge Becerra, Piloto
  • "The advice of VISAS-USA was essential to establish the best strategy to achieve it."
    Facundo Bermejo, eVent Medical

Frequently Asked Questions

  • General FAQ

    • Can I file for an L-1 Visa even though I have not worked for my employer for 12 months already?

      No. You must already have 1 year of employment within your company within the last three years.

    • Can I apply for a green card if I have an L-1 visa?

      The L-1 Visa is a “dual intent” visa which does allow an L-1 visa holder and their dependents to apply for permanent residency without jeopardizing their status. They are eligible for the traditional application or the expedited EB-1 application.

    • Can E-visa dependents work?

      E dependents can obtain a work authorization. This work authorization must be applied for separately.

    • What is the minimum amount of trade or investment I need to qualify for an E visa?

      There is no defined minimum. The US Government would like to see as high an investment or trade level as possible, and the amount will depend on the nature of your business.

    • How long do E-1 or E-2 visas allow you to remain in the United States?

      Initial approval is generally for 2 to 5 years, but these can be extended indefinitely.

    • If I am self-employed can I apply for E1 or E2 Visas?

      The goal of these visas is to employ American citizens, so your case will be stronger if you can show a business plan that will employ other people.

    • I received a Request for Evidence (RFE) from the government.

      These requests need to be taken seriously. Contact an attorney at VISAS-USA to answer the request appropriately.

    • Is it legal to open a business with an individual who is not a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. What should I do?

      There are visas that allow foreign investors and entrepreneurs to open and engage in businesses in the US. An experienced immigration lawyer at VISAS-USA can help.

    • Can my employee start working after I file my petition?

      The petition must first be approved.

    • What is Premium Processing?

      Premium Processing is a special USCIS program that provides significantly faster processing in exchange for an additional processing fee. You will have an answer within 15 days on L, H-1B, O, P, E-1, and E-2 petitions.

    • Can I employ a foreign worker?

      There are visas available to you and your potential employee, such as the L visa or the H-1B visa. These are specially designed visas intended specifically for employees who bring a certain skill set to a job in the United States.

    • How can I apply for US Citizenship if I am a lawful permanent resident?

      Eligibility depends upon more than one variable. The government wants to see evidence of lawful permanent residency for 5 years prior to your application, or three years if your residency is based on marriage.

    • Why should I hire an immigration attorney?

      Immigration law is complicated and changes often. An experienced immigration lawyer can ease your worries as you navigate the difficulties. Your attorney can track deadlines, help you strengthen your application, and tell you just what you need.

    • Does marriage to a U.S. citizen automatically confer a green card on a foreign national?

      This is not automatic. The process can take from months to years, and depends on the US deciding the marriage is legitimate.

    • What is a green card? Is there a difference between an immigrant petition and non-immigrant petition?
      “Green card” is an unofficial term for a lawful permanent resident card. An immigrant petition is an application to become a lawful permanent resident in the United States. A non-immigrant petition is an application to obtain temporary status in the US.
Free Consultation available

Contact Us

Complete our form below or call us at (305) 363-7406.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy