TN Visa

Miami TN Visa Lawyer

Dedicated to Helping Clients Obtain TN Visas in Miami-Dade County

The TN visa is a NAFTA visa that is available to Canadian and Mexican citizens. It is also available to citizens of countries with separate trade agreements with the United States.

The TN visa is a nonimmigrant visa that is designed to facilitate the temporary entry of professionals with specialized or technical knowledge to work in certain types of occupations in the United States. The TN visa is available to citizens of Canada and Mexico under the terms of the NAFTA agreement. It is also available to citizens of other countries with separate trade agreements with the United States.

If you are a citizen of Canada or Mexico seeking to work in the United States under NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), the TN visa may be the solution for you. At in Miami, FL, we specialize in providing expert legal assistance to individuals pursuing a TN visa.

The TN visa is available to the following types of workers:

  • Accounting
  • Architecture
  • Computer Systems Analysis
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Healthcare
  • Accounting
  • Architecture
  • Computer Systems Analysis
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Healthcare

The TN visa is available to professionals in the above occupations. However, if the position is not one of the occupations listed, it may still be possible to obtain a TN visa.

Our Miami TN visa attorney can help you appeal the denial. Call (305) 363-7406 or contact us online to get started.

How Does the TN Visa Work?

  1. The first step in the process is to apply for a TN visa with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
  2. The second step is to obtain a labor certification from the Department of Labor. This process involves proving that no U.S. workers are available to fill the position. The company must also demonstrate that the foreign worker will be paid the prevailing wage for the position.
  3. The third step is to apply for a NAFTA Professional (TN) visa with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Canada or Mexico.
  4. The fourth step is to enter the United States with the TN visa. Once in the country, the foreign worker will have to apply for an employment authorization document (EAD). This document provides proof that the worker is authorized to work in the United States.
  5. The fifth step is to begin working. The worker is authorized to work in the United States for up to 3 years.
  6. The sixth step is to apply for a green card. The TN visa is a dual intent visa, which means that the applicant can apply for a green card while in the United States on an H-1B visa.
  7. The seventh step is to become a lawful permanent resident. Once the worker has been in the country for a certain period of time, he or she can apply for a green card.

Contact Our TN Visa Attorneys in Miami, FL

If you're considering a TN visa and need expert legal assistance, trust in Miami, FL. Our dedicated team is committed to helping you navigate the TN visa process with ease and confidence. Contact us for a consultation and take the first step toward securing your professional opportunity in the United States. Your TN visa journey, our legal expertise.

  • "I am indebted to VISAS-USA for their great work in getting my O Visa."
    Karina Vence, Dinastia Market
  • "The VISAS-USA team did everything possible to get my Permanent Residency through a National Interest Waiver application."
    Jorge Becerra, Piloto
  • "The advice of VISAS-USA was essential to establish the best strategy to achieve it."
    Facundo Bermejo, eVent Medical

Frequently Asked Questions

  • General FAQ

    • Can I file for an L-1 Visa even though I have not worked for my employer for 12 months already?

      No. You must already have 1 year of employment within your company within the last three years.

    • Can I apply for a green card if I have an L-1 visa?

      The L-1 Visa is a “dual intent” visa which does allow an L-1 visa holder and their dependents to apply for permanent residency without jeopardizing their status. They are eligible for the traditional application or the expedited EB-1 application.

    • Can E-visa dependents work?

      E dependents can obtain a work authorization. This work authorization must be applied for separately.

    • What is the minimum amount of trade or investment I need to qualify for an E visa?

      There is no defined minimum. The US Government would like to see as high an investment or trade level as possible, and the amount will depend on the nature of your business.

    • How long do E-1 or E-2 visas allow you to remain in the United States?

      Initial approval is generally for 2 to 5 years, but these can be extended indefinitely.

    • If I am self-employed can I apply for E1 or E2 Visas?

      The goal of these visas is to employ American citizens, so your case will be stronger if you can show a business plan that will employ other people.

    • I received a Request for Evidence (RFE) from the government.

      These requests need to be taken seriously. Contact an attorney at VISAS-USA to answer the request appropriately.

    • Is it legal to open a business with an individual who is not a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. What should I do?

      There are visas that allow foreign investors and entrepreneurs to open and engage in businesses in the US. An experienced immigration lawyer at VISAS-USA can help.

    • Can my employee start working after I file my petition?

      The petition must first be approved.

    • What is Premium Processing?

      Premium Processing is a special USCIS program that provides significantly faster processing in exchange for an additional processing fee. You will have an answer within 15 days on L, H-1B, O, P, E-1, and E-2 petitions.

    • Can I employ a foreign worker?

      There are visas available to you and your potential employee, such as the L visa or the H-1B visa. These are specially designed visas intended specifically for employees who bring a certain skill set to a job in the United States.

    • How can I apply for US Citizenship if I am a lawful permanent resident?

      Eligibility depends upon more than one variable. The government wants to see evidence of lawful permanent residency for 5 years prior to your application, or three years if your residency is based on marriage.

    • Why should I hire an immigration attorney?

      Immigration law is complicated and changes often. An experienced immigration lawyer can ease your worries as you navigate the difficulties. Your attorney can track deadlines, help you strengthen your application, and tell you just what you need.

    • Does marriage to a U.S. citizen automatically confer a green card on a foreign national?

      This is not automatic. The process can take from months to years, and depends on the US deciding the marriage is legitimate.

    • What is a green card? Is there a difference between an immigrant petition and non-immigrant petition?
      “Green card” is an unofficial term for a lawful permanent resident card. An immigrant petition is an application to become a lawful permanent resident in the United States. A non-immigrant petition is an application to obtain temporary status in the US.
Free Consultation available

Contact Us

Complete our form below or call us at (305) 363-7406.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy